PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C310 Down in the TIWI's
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2011, 05:25
MyNameIsIs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Judging from the position of the crash site, it is probably not an engine failure and subsequent loss of control, as the impact point is pretty much on the runway centerline.

Somotographic illusion may be a contributing factor however, witnesses reported 'flames'.
GG, this has occurred to myself and others that I have talked to.
Without me speculating as to what actually caused this crash, it is indeed possible that the "flames" that have been reported were from the impact. As the site looks like it is on top of some rising terrain, to an observer on the ground the aircraft may have looked like it was still 'in the air'.

I was somewhat hesitant to post that possibility due to the feeling that I would receive the inevitable "you don't know" type comments, however as it has been mentioned previously without seemingly angering anyone, I thought I would.

Of course it is also possible that something else completely different happened. We will have to wait and see, but in the mean time civilised conversation about the accident and what could be contributing factors should be seen as ok and a chance to perhaps understand and learn more.

Thoughts go out to the young fella's family and friends. I'm sure he was chasing the same dream that we all have.
Havn't been in the Darwin scene myself, but from everything I've heard about the place I'm sure the rest of the crew up there will have had a few beers for Jamie. It's sh!t to lose mates flying.