PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates to take 14 aircraft in next fiscal year
Old 7th Feb 2011, 04:30
Guy D'ageradar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiz - I completely agree that communication / understanding between pilots / controllers is worryingly low - this being exacerbated by the streams of new metal arriving that don't always fly the same way the old ones did!

"if you can't accept the clearance, say something every time."
That is precisely my point - if we know about it, we can do something about the following trafic.

It's another one for Guy- giving us a good appreciation for track-miles would certainly help.
Again, agreed. I try to give track miles as often as possible - although sometimes our sub-continental friends requiring every clearance to be repeated leaves little time.

or do you WANT us down low early (not being facetious, serious question)
Often - yes. For example, the BUBIN-BOVET track is pretty much head on to the arriving traffic from DESDI. If everyone "floats" down at 200fpm and we can't widen the vector because of Departures /SJ traffic / MIL / PARA / WX activity we need to start applying vertical separation - meaning that if one aircraft descends slowly, then all the rest will be stuck on top. Also the persistent problem of turning final from the STAR without clearance needs to be considered. Lack of airspace is a real problem.

Why can't these guys fly a CDA?
For all of the reasons above, plus the fact that there is a parallel approach to SJ, separated by 8nm and often vertical has to be used between the two.

The real problem is that things will only get worse as more 380s arrive and runway capacity DECREASES due to the increased vortex spacing required.