PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C310 Down in the TIWI's
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2011, 00:52
The Green Goblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quote:
So mr Josh Cox .... how does your comment be justified if you are on a mission, and normally fully loaded to max limit, as they are normally are!

They are not on Joy Flights up there, so have you been fully loaded to max, and had to go OEI???

Im sorry Kulwin Park but what is the climb performance in your fully loaded ME aircraft engaged in IFR Charter?

Im only asking as I assume you have figured it out.

And I also assume as PIC you have taken into account CAO 20.7.4 para 8.1
If not here is a little piece... "Multi-engined aeroplanes engaged in charter operations under the Instrument Flight Rules or aerial work operations under the Instrument Flight Rules must have the ability to climb with a critical engine inoperative at a gradient of 1% at all heights up to 5 000 feet in the standard atmosphere"

As no weight is specified it means at any weight the minimun is 1% and please take note of the word MUST. If it cant do it, its not legal. Do I assume too much. Enough said.

RIP JS. May you now fly higher than any of us could dream to.
Just because it says so, does not mean it can. It is like Rex saying cadet Pilots are as good as direct entry Pilots. They can spin it all they like, word from the line drivers and check Captains suggest otherwise.

I take it from your moniker that you're one of them hey! (statement, not a question) A healthy respect for what an aeroplane can do and 'should' do in certain situations is paramount in your early flying career.

Good luck with it!