PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SDSR Revisited ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2011, 22:47
Compressorstall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh f***ing hell. This is where jointery leads - one service feels it can criticise the other. When will people get their heads round the fact that there is a war on. The Army - efficient or not fights on the ground - the Royal Air Force and the Royal Navy support them. It seems that The War has given the Army the idea that they are more important than anything else. The most important asset is the young bayonet on the ground, but without the Fires/Logs/ISR/MERT/etc he can't do his job. Combined Arms is actually an awesome concept, it's just a huge shame that we have to spend our time mirroring those w***er politicians that we feel we should continually justify our relative positions by criticising those around us. I have sometime questioned the Army tactics which have seemed wasteful and pointless, but I have equally seen RAF and Navy people behave in the same way. We are markedly different from civilian professions, I just fail to see whay we have to behave like the self-serving people out there who can't see that they are important in their own right without having to pour scorn on the contribution of others. Let's all get a grip and remember what we are good at.