PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2011, 20:54
seeshoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jumper on the Rooftop!

I don't really know if it's the 'done thing' on this forum, but I really need to talk to someone who's doing this job already & is preferably UK based.

I came out to Tokyo at the end of January for the selection. At that time the ANA people found out a lot about me, but I didn't really have the chance to ask very much myself. I'm now waiting to hear in the next three weeks whether I've passed the medical check, before I know if a job offer is on its way.

The impression I formed is that AJX is a happy ship generally, where the company & colleagues treat each other with respect. The flying is interesting & varied. The fleet is young, well equipped, maintained & training standards high. So working life sounds satisfying. That's how you want to be thinking before you join a new company I suppose. There are still outstanding queries for me, e.g. commuting, medical checks, ground training, manuals, administration, flying hours, duty & rest periods, staff travel discounts, right-hand seat flying for captains, etc.

If there's anyone out there who is prepared to counsel a potential joiner about the life, perks & pitfalls of contracting for AJX, I'd really appreciate a chat right now. If a job offer arrives I'll obviously need to make my mind up quickly so am trying to think about it from all angles before that happens.

If you can help, please send me a private message here & I'll get back to you.

Cheers.