PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SDSR Revisited ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2011, 16:48
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
General Bucknell's 'alleged' comments sound about right and simply serve to yet again demonstrate the army's parochialism and ignorance that I come across every day in my current post, and which does nothing other than double the amount of nugatory staff work required to sort out their perpetual tantrums.

If it doesn't revolve around their own tiny bit of the map in Afghanistan then it's irrelevant, and if anybody dares say no or point out the realities of the resource and manning situation then they are obviously not supporting the war effort.

DD24.5C has hit the nail squarely and very firmly on the head in suggesting that the Army might want to get its own house in order before criticizing its Sister services. As a result of their inefficiency and belief in their own self-importance and that they and they alone are the key to UK defence and security, we have had to mortgage the entire UK armed forces for the next generation to put a bde's worth of combat power on the ground in the short term. Grossly inefficient.

I'm not a vengful person, but I am almost persuaded to stay on past my next option point if only for the schadenfreude associated with watching the Army's world unravel post-2015 when it is scrabbling round for an meaningful role other than exercises and being a paper deterrent.

Last edited by Melchett01; 6th Feb 2011 at 17:00.