PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates to take 14 aircraft in next fiscal year
Old 6th Feb 2011, 16:41
Wizofoz

Location: Boldly going where no split infinitive has gone before..
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
So that's ATC's fault then, is it?
Where in the hell did you get the impression I said that?

You're dead right that it is because EK tries to land too many Aeroplanes on one runway at the same time, and I suggested nothing different. Having TWO runways to land on would help, but I understand it isn't, and never suggested it was, ATCs fault.

Shesh! Touchy much???

Maximum capacity is 28 per hour and that's NOT including extra space behind A380s or go-arounds caused by the idiots who blatantly ignore speed control, while saying nothing!
Was it you sent me 'round last night because of Aeroflot? The controller obviously saw him slow down, but said nothing to me. I unilaterally slowed down early, but it wasn't enough to save the situation.

That being said, has anyone actually discussed whether 160kts to 4 miles is safe or achievable?

Are you aware that the approach speeds of our aircraft (which we are required to be stable at by 1000', so 3 1/2 miles roughly) can be as low as 125kts? The FASTEST would be a 777-300ER at MLW, and that's 154kts.

AD - nothing to do with Dubai CTA - no effect whatsoever. Also minimal traffic in comparison.

SJ - Depends on the situation. If the delay is due to runway capacity at DB (or lack of it), what does that have to do with SJ traffic?
Err...that was my point- the problems are Airport, not Airway capacity.

Do you often post angry comments to people, actually agreeing with what they wrote???

I also doubt whether aircrews are anything like as inattentive / uncooperative / selective in which clearances to follow as they are here. (please note that I am NOT saying that all pilots are as above - a considerable number in this part of the world ARE, though).
Then please report as appropriate- after a mild rebuke, my Russian friend last night got a "no problem"- well, no problem for him, maybe! The cost and inconvienience of my go-around WASN'T his problem- but maybe a snot-o-gram from DXB tower might have been!!