PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod War Stories
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2011, 16:22
thunderbird7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 'later-OC201's-alleged-toothbrush-incident', was, in fact Gibraltar. Thought up while he was on the diving raft with someone

But I do remember the attempted burial of 'George' in Scapa Flow.

Lovingly packed in a sonobouy, the Nav Captain asked the Vicar how long his speech was and what the key words for pressing the button were.

"About 2 1/2 minutes. I would like to release him when I say the words "and now we commit his body to the deep".

What he neglected top say is those words were at the start of the 2 1/2 minutes.

Cue an approach in rather murky conditions to Kirkwall, timing should be right to on top the VOR and then George would be safely in the middle of the Floe, safely cleared by radar.

On top the VOR, of you go then Vic, "And I commit his body to the deep!" Bang! Just as the airfield perimeter track slid under the nose. To the crew's credit, nothing was said on intercom but after much ballistics bull****, we decided to come clean.

The local plod found him in the back garden of the Kirkwall Post Office. Old vic was spotted some days later, wandering round ops with a bent sonobouy, looking for a ride to somewhere far from land.

Last edited by thunderbird7; 6th Feb 2011 at 16:24. Reason: splellig