PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates to take 14 aircraft in next fiscal year
Old 6th Feb 2011, 13:44
Tower Ranger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess other airports in the UAE only have a fraction of the traffic so it`s understandable that they don`t suffer the same delays. Unfortunately due to the airspace, our procedures and everyone wanting to arrive/depart at the same time it just grinds to a hault.

They think that they are trying to improve things by reducing the useable taxiways and making aircraft take mid point departures but I just can`t see things getting any better anytime soon. It appears some of these great new ideas are made from behind a desk and not by anyone with a licence to work the traffic, i`m sure it looks good on powerpoint.

It doesn`t help much at night when Abu Dhabi book the first hour of slots for their own aircraft before they are ready and force us to wait until ours are ready creating an instant 45 minute delay through Tardi.

As for JXB, they`ll need to get permission to use both ends of the rwy before they can take much in the way of traffic.