PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C310 Down in the TIWI's
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2011, 10:27
The Mentalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eternity & Baron Beeza, Thanks for putting my short prod into what I was trying to get across. If it was XGX from BA then condolences to the new pilot and a sad day for the company who struggles against the big ones and still gets the job done. I personally have over 40hrs on XGX when it was over at MPA and have worked for BA a few years ago. I also have been in/out of YBTI over 80 times and YSNB over 100 times in 3 years taking freight and pax so I should know the strips pretty well up on the Tiwi's. Have also flown the late M.Rioli a few times as well.
Yes a C310 will perform with 1 POB, but what if it was not clean? They tend to get about 100-150fpm if your lucky. Add gusting winds/Xwinds, a bit of wind shear at the north end of the runway? What if it wasn't setup for one engine climb? What if he thought that he could land straight ahead? What if he was disorientated by the dark and cloudy night? We Can all speculate until the cows come home but it won't change the fact the the aircraft is nearly 30+ years old. Lets just wait for the ATSB/Coroners report before we get onto the age V maintenace of old aircraft.I have flown it's sister ships on more than one occasion and they weren't much better. TBE being the better one.Some problems you can wear as your experience with the type accumilates. (450+hrs C310 in YPDN)