PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Private Operators and Ops1
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2011, 09:46
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well if you can pay millions to fly a jet you shld then be able to afford the extra cost, or move into an AOC and get all the tax rebate benefits.
falconbis... *edited*

Rich people and coorperations donīt get rich by spending money for useless things. Some canīt move to an AOC because of circumstances such as runway lenght at homebase (like in our case), some simply prefer not to.
I wonder what YOU would say, if the auhorities would mandat that your personal driving is not only regulated by the normal road regulation, but also total useless regulations on top, that costs the planet several forrest a year; costs you as an owner on top of already existing irregularities (e.g.ETS - WTF does an AOC holder not pay when we do ????) and donīt do any good.

(nothing wrong in the part of harmonizing the regs, but...)

As accident statistics show, AOC ops have more accidents. There are surely a lot of reasons for that and Iīm not saying I can tell exactly why this is, but I can tell you that much: my employer spends more on my training and the fact that the crew they employ are experienced that any previous AOC employer of mine ever has (that was 3 of em in a fixed).

Also I personally do know AOC operators that employ 500 guys in the left seat, that spent 250 hrs next to a guy going from 500 to 750 hours in the process. THAT does not build experience in a way it should.

IF the EU commision, the EASA and the local authorities would clean that stable of Augias before they touch something that works, then Iīm convienced their reach has something to do with safety. For the time being its a powertrip and nothing else.

They should stop things like SSTR schemes by law, they should prevent that lowtimers get to fly with lowtimers in fast moving things such as jets. There is PLENTY of things they should do before they touch something that generallly speaking works (there a black sheep, but they will not go away by their proposed regulation)

I donīt know about your country, but in my country if you fly as a employed pilot, you got to obey FDR. And we do. Its part of a small manual that the boss has signed. And which is my reassurance that I will not be pressed to do anything unlawful in my role as a coorperate pilot for them.

Last edited by His dudeness; 7th Feb 2011 at 11:02.