PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carrying Celebrities
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2002, 21:14
flapsforty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have found that most celebs are just like..... normal people. Treat them like an honoured guest and most of them will respond by behaving like one.

Best one ever for me was tennis player Jimmy Connors. Asked me very politely that seeing how he was the only passenger in Royal that night, could he possibly eat a whole tin of caviar by himself? And nothing else?
Told him I had 5 tins and he could have them all.
I served them up and he devoured 3 with relish.
Asked me could I sit with him after that, so I got us both a can of coke and sat. And sat and sat.......................
We talked all through the night and across the Atlantic about the vagaries, the ups and down of an itinerant life. What it is like to feel at home in many different cities and how you can feel like a stranger in your own home when finally getting back.

How always being on the go can seem so very glamorous and feel so bl**dy lonely at times. How easy it is to lose friends because they think you have become stuck up. Him with becoming a tennis celeb, us flying types with suddenly buying knickers in New York and going on safari in Kenya.
How rotten it is to be away for the birthdays of the people you love and how irresistible the lure of an international life is once you have tasted it.
How celeb lives, like our own, can seem so enviable to people who lead a more humdrum existence. But that leading them takes a kind of strength not readily apparent from the outside.

Gave me the kind of insight into celebrity life that has stood me in good stead every time I have had a celebrity on board since.
A fond memory of a special bloke.