PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Air Hong Kong situation
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2011, 23:26
Saturn

Question The Air Hong Kong situation

I have been reading with great interest all this about Air Hong Kong. It seems there were agreements made between CX and the AOA on this and CX is just simply ignoring the agreements made. Legal or Illegal, doesn't matter the intent and understanding was there, so some thought.

What will happen, who knows but A LOT of people are upset and interpret this as ASL part deux, The Wrath of Khan. So what does that mean exactly, well, for one, loss of faith in CX, loss of opportunities for current CX pilot's and DEC's again when CX pilot's could (and have been) flying those very aircraft.

I would say that some CX pilot's will take this personally and may have a vendetta against Air Hong Kong pilot's. What would you think/do if this was happening to you?

I also think a very hostile atmosphere may be set up during training and some T's&C's, may not be happy about this either. Ask some of the CX DEC's about their training and subsequent training/checks. Those DEC's are a bit nervous right now and a few did fail and more have recently failed and/or being watched. There have been some issues!

I would perhaps caution any Air Hong Hong pilot (particularly the 747 guys) to be careful in your decision in joining this company. It may very well get ugly, you may or may not stay employed and you may or may not get through training. I for one would be nervous about this especially if guys have enough resentment towards me.

I would also ask that you please think about what you are doing when joining Air Hong Kong as it is possibly being used as a tactic against pilots from CX. Is this something you think is just? Would you want it done to you and affect your career? Do you really even care?

Perhaps some unity would help and with that perhaps help getting guys on at CX with better T's&C's. Division will only hurt everone.

I ask you to kindly consider all the consequences. This is a dirty trick being done by CX. Perhaps you might not see it or agree but again there were agreements in place.

All the best in your decision.