PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook recruiting
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2011, 22:03
frozenpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe the only way in which the loco's compete with TCX are quicker time to command. Fundamentally a sound company with a strong position in what is becoming a niche charter market (due mergers and capacity cuts). Yes there are a number of issues floating around concerning management, but when you look at the cut throat attitude of management in our low cost counter parts then I fail to see a benefit staying with them.

Pay wise TCX are very good. You sit on a pay scale for starters, which is an incentive. Day off payments are very lucrative, early start payments are another source of income, and now there is block window payments being introduced for more cash. The pension on offer is still very competitive. All in all I believe the pay is up there with the best in the UK.

With regards to lifestyle, you get loads of time off (bar 3-4 months in the summer) where you are only get your rostered ten days off (agreement dependant) For the rest of the year there is plenty of time off, Id say more off than on actually. To compliment lifestyle there are night stops which takes a number of days out of a week and adds to the fun. Most of your co-workers are good fun and mostly positive, so its a pretty productive environment.

Yes TCX is falling down with certain things, but what workforce doesnt have a grumble with their management at the moment. New joiners wont have knowledge of the legacy Airlines issues that were brought forward during the merger, so they will just see it as a decent place to work.