PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook recruiting
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2011, 18:53
Flaperon75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just going back a step or 2 here.... Full Left Rudder is going through the recruitment and is asking for thoughts on the company as a new joiner. Bernoulli, frozenpilot et al. are giving their thoughts but I think they are comparing the t's and c's of today with those of a few years ago. What is really being asked for is a comparison to other UK outfits recruiting pilots at the moment, and from that perspective I think TCX compare pretty favourably....
Pay is pretty good (once you get on a full time permanent contract!!). Good chance for day off payments through the summer. Roster is stable. You are able to bid for base when joining and will get 1 of your first 2 or 3 choices. On short haul expect to do a lot of flights to Turkey, Greece, Egypt (!?), Canaries. This limits you to about 3 flights a week max in the summer before coming up against hour limits. Within a few years there is a good chance of doing mixed fleet flying on the airbus fleet. With friends at RY and EZ I know I wouldn't swap places.....
Again - these are the thoughts of someone in the company for a couple of years, but this may be more relevant to a new joiner. PM me if you want more info