PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted Security -Plastic Bag "Advisory"
Old 5th Feb 2011, 18:07
strake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, well, well......

I invite contributors/readers of this thread to re-read the statement on the BAA website when I first wrote of the confiscation of my liquids and compare it with today's version:

Early January:

Liquids – 100ml rule
Only limited quantities of liquids may be carried through airport security into the departure lounge. This includes bottled drinks, suntan lotion, fragrances, cosmetics and toiletries.
The following restrictions apply to all liquids, creams, gels, pastes and aerosols taken through security control:
Liquids may only be carried in containers holding 100ml or less.
They must be carried separately in a single bag which is:
Transparent and resealable
(My bold)
No larger than 20cm x 20cm (8in x 8in)
Able to close properly with all the items inside.
At security control, place the bag in the tray with your other items.
Liquids in containers over 100ml will not be permitted through security – please pack them in your hold baggage instead.
Today:

Liquids – 100ml rule
Only limited quantities of liquids may be carried through airport security into the departure lounge. This includes bottled drinks, suntan lotion, fragrances, cosmetics and toiletries.
The following restrictions apply to all liquids, creams, gels, pastes and aerosols taken through security control:
Liquids may only be carried in containers holding 100ml or less.
They must be carried separately in a single bag which is:
Transparent, resealable and airtight
(My bold)
No larger than 20cm x 20cm (8in x 8in)
Able to close properly with all the items inside.
At security control, please ensure the plastic bag is removed from any hand luggage and placed in the tray with your other items in preparation for screening.
Liquids in containers over 100ml will not be permitted through security – please pack them in your hold baggage instead.
To save time and expense please come prepared with your own correct sized plastic bag. If you forget to bring your own bag, plastic bag dispensers are conveniently located in check in areas before the entrance to security. Plastic bags are dispensed in multiples of four costing £1.
My bag was the correct size, clear and zipped. However, if you pushed it hard enough, which the little H****r on the scanner did, some air would of course come out. So, now Stansted have had the decency to publish this requirement for future travellers (without compensating me) some one month later, I'd be interested to know what force said bags have to withstand to be "airtight"? Or maybe those on sale for £1 won't have to be subjected to such rigorous testing........?

Last edited by strake; 6th Feb 2011 at 07:50.