PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How safe are third party MRO's
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2011, 14:35
grounded27

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DODO

I'm with 32 on this ^. The imperatives on airline and 3rd party MRO's are exactly the same, to get a good safe job done at minimum cost/downtime. The authorities audit each to the same standards and the engineers are equally prone to lost license/prosecution if they are negligent or in violation.

Considering some of the hefty fines the FAA has been levying on US airlines and providers who have failed in their duties, maybe critics of the outsourced providers should look a bit nearer home first.
This is a load of crap. first the imperatives may be the same but reality is much different. At an airline you have 100% skilled labor who have allot to loose and pride in their craft, they do not bend as easily as the whores who are often unliscenced and may as well be working for Walmart in the MRO's.

You wish to speak of FAA fines on airlines, think a savings v/s liability, have you ever hedged a solid bet in your life? Fact is airlines are responsible for all maintenance performed on their aircraft, they happily pay a fine then sue the MRO. I have experience and a ticket I value, I have been under the pressure of several MRO's and airlines. I work for an airline for one reason, the pay.. No really HGR MX takes longer at airlines, this is because the job is done correctly by most AMT's. Chop shops hammer out crap in 3/4 the time, time=revenue to an airline. an extra 10 days of revenue made by an aircraft out of C check is worth the occasional fine payed to the FAA, hell they are happy to pay the fines.

Last edited by grounded27; 5th Feb 2011 at 14:47.