PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2011, 13:22
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

BBB,

We will just have to agree to have different opinions.

Speaking as someone who is right in the middle of this and has lived through the last 2 years working along side strikers and listening to all their rhetoric and reading and listening to everything BA has said, I personally feel that the tide is changing. Strikers are starting to openly criticise Bassa in a way I have not seen before and BA have always said that they want to settle this, all be it on their terms.

BA originally wanted huge changes to our working practices but have accepted that, for now at least, we can keep our current terms and conditions and have instead decided to achieve saving through Mixed Fleet. To date BA have actually got ALL the savings they were after from cabin crew with the introduction of Mixed Fleet and the crew compliment changes which also reduced the number of in charge crew on longhaul flights and reduced it to just one on E/F flights. These savings are ongoing year on year and will increase further year on year as current WW and E/F crew leave and Mixed Fleet expands.

BA don't need to do anything because they have actually, thanks to Bassa, achieved MORE than they had hoped for. If Bassa do ballot again BA will just take it on the chin again because they have all the savings they wanted plus more and eventually Bassa will lose the will to carry on and as I have said, I am seeing that online already.

Just my opinion.