PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dean Wilson Aviation
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2011, 09:36
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and what a great little machine the Boomerang is
They must have made a truck load of improvements from the one they brought over here a couple of years ago. I saw it but didn't fly it, the build quality wasn't that flash and a couple of people I know that did fly it weren't that impressed with it.

The Airvan on the other hand, I did fly that, it was well finished and flew well.

Having said that it is a real shame seeing a company fold after giving a project like the Boomerang their best shot. Sadly the market in this part of the world is very small and export orders are a necessity in order for a manufacturer to survive. It's very hard to break into overseas markets especially the US which is where you really need to be with light aircraft.

Another problem is scale of production, apparently PAC were touting the CT4E or one of the CT4 variants a few years back and one air force (Israeli I think) said yep we'll take x many, Thanks (30 or 40 from memory), thinking PAC had them all ready to ship. Oh, that will be 2 to 3 years production. Sorry if you can't deliver now or very shortly we don't want them.