PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pre Flight test leading to Disaster
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2011, 03:35
Ryan5252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'The Kings' gave a good presentation on risk managment and is an interesting watch. It is stated that GA is on par with motorcycling in terms of risk.

The difference between the 'Training' for a Private Pilot V Commercial Pilot has been discussed in detail but I think it's worth pointing out that there is actually, IMHO, no difference between the training of a private pilot or commercial pilot. We both do the same training, it's just the guy who goes on to get paid for flying continues with further training! I fly to the same standard as they did when they had 100 hours and I'd challenge anyone who questions my airmanship, skills or regard for safety based only on the colour of my licence or the hours in my logbook. Nor am I saying that Im as safe as a CPL, of course not, but then we're not comparing like for like are we?

Where in the PPL syllabus is the student taught about 'explaining that the risks in the flight for your passengers are way beyond what they would otherwise find acceptable?
How do you know the risks are 'way beyond' what any passenger would find acceptable?