PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - These Psychometric Tests
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2011, 03:25
confusedcanuck

At this stage I'm preparing for an airline entrance test by spending more time studying aviation than preparing for the psych test. I'm no expert but I feel that if one impresses during face to face time with the airline then there's a better chance of getting in than doing outstandingly well in the psychometric tests.

Are these tests used more just to weed out those with serious deficiencies which may not be spotted in an interview and sim ride? At the end of the day will someone with slightly better aptitude test score but a worse interview and sim ride be chosen ahead ahead of someone who scores lower in the psych test but impresses in the interview and sim? Does anyone know how airlines weight the sections?

There is a strong link between verbal reasoning ability and success in some flying training courses
In that case I'll make sure to get my old LSAT book out and run through some questions. I was happy when I finally decided to go to flight school and not law school who knew I would be back practicing from that book, I thought I had given that stuff up.

Lots of opinion on the subject, all really valuable, I guess I'll just keep studying and hope for the best. Thanks

Last edited by confusedcanuck; 5th Feb 2011 at 03:40.