PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2011, 23:27
ShortFatOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaveJb & Oz42

"SFO,
thankyou very much for that - although I asked if anyone connected would care to comment, I rather assumed that the serving aircrew would be under the lash and prevented from putting anything that contradicted the official line. I hope that your input doesn't cause you any problems, and would just like to record my appreciation of your stand here. As an outsider it's hard to know where truth lies usually, but I haven't any doubts at all about whether to believe your version or Liam Fox's.""

I am a firm believer in speaking the truth, as I would hope anyone is that carries the Queen's Commission. I have not and never will be a political animal, if I hear or see someone spouting sh1te, from an SAC to CAS, then I will say so, but I usually leave it up to the individual/organization concerned to choose the time/place. I would have quite happily pointed out the 'slight anomolies' to anyone in the DefSec's outer office but as we weren't asked I see no harm in responding with something that actually reflects reality rather than the 'lets's dis it and it will all go away' approach.

If the administration had stuck to the "we're broke and can't afford it line" I would have stayed in my box. I wouldn't have been happy but I would have stayed in my box. But now the feckelss, faceless, unelected governement spin merchants have had the audacity to effectively impune my integrity and professionalism, and that of a lot of damned fine people that I've worked with, by 'leaking' certain 'details'.

Them Fire They Me Were Piss Wouldn't On If I