PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
Old 4th Feb 2011, 15:37
Smell the Coffee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really? Because I took home over £1000 last month and I had 3 weeks of unpaid work (including training and leave), so did only 1 week of flying. Does your paycheck include deductions for visa's, innoculations, some uniform items, HOST spending?
You earned £1,000 for 1 week's flying ? And you're Cabin Crew on Mixed Fleet? I don't believe you for a second.

My figures are take-home and include £100 spending on HOST, which judging by other people's spending downroute, is average to good. They don't include any other deductions other than tax - I haven't spent a penny on uniforms, visas or inoculations as I was already in posession of all of the above.

At the end of the day, we all have our own opinions -mine is that Mixed Fleet pay for Cabin Crew as it currently stands, is too low. We don't make much money up in Duty Free commission because we don't sell much Duty Free on most of the routes we currently operate - and we don't sell anything else on board.

If I had a pound for every time the subject of low pay has come up between crew during the flight, I wouldn't be here warning people to stay away ...

People are applying for Cabin Manager at easyJet for goodness' sake ... now there is nothing wrong with easyJet, but I never imagined the day people would be leaving us for the likes of Virgin, Emirates or easyJet ... it was usually the other way round.

With the way things are at the moment, I can't blame them. Hopefully the pay may increase, but I doubt it.

That's my final word on the matter, as there isn't any need for me to keep repeating the same things - I am not a negative person at heart and I genuinely love flying - but anyone thinking they are going to get paid well for flying for BA - not anymore I'm afraid. You may want to ask yourself why Mixed Fleet has lost people to VS, EK and EZY....