PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas~ A Business in Decline
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2011, 12:30
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So sad to read all of this, even sadder for someone of my vintage, who remembers when QF was the boss of the skies. Sparkling Aircraft, proud employees, engineering excellence par none, a company that cared for its employees, what the happened. To me the day the govt. sold it was the beginning of the end. When I think of the good CEO'S, Menedue, Yates, Ward, people like Ritchie, Scott, and the rest, top of their game. And then came Dixon. What can I say, that has not been said. The breakup of one of the finest Engineering outfits in the world, employees suddenly finding themselves out the door after years of service, all loyality gone, then that dreadful day of the big hug. We have sold it they shrieked, and we all stood helplessly by and for some the bottom fell out of their world. We know now had it gone thru, QF would be no more, unless the Govt picked up the tab, and the irony of it is as the directors still sit counting their money, Joyce is now in a battle to keep it afloat. What to do? Get Borgetti back for one. Bring engineering back to being seamless for two. (and give the freckin things a bath) seriously involve employees from all sides of the company. Tell them the TRUTH about what is happening, and ask for help and suggestions (its amazing what happens when people feel involved) give the CC something to be proud of, and ditch the ones with attitude, fix up the food, give the ground staff in the front line a reason to enjoy their work, and then perhaps just perhaps the airline can be turned around. It might mean pairing with another airline if so, so be it. Losing QF would be like selling the War Memorial to the Japanese, unthinkable. It is too much aligned with the Australian way of life and the countries history and as I said unthinkable.