PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2011, 10:11
walter kennedy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flipster
Funny how even in jest you contribute to the confusion – <<... preplanned MI5 action ...>>
why would MI5 take out its own?
Perhaps you should brush up on your history – who was it that was involved in the negotiations with the IRA in the 6 months prior to this (convenient) crash?

The waffle of airworthiness (whatever) is what I was referring to – it would not matter if this a/c had been held together with duct tape, that they had been lucky to have gotten that far, that it was odds on that they would have crashed before they got to Ft George – what matters is that the a/c was under control right up to the point of impact and that, despite knowingly approaching a point on the Mull, they were surprised by just how close they had got.
The detailed arguments supporting these statements I have given before, often.
For an experienced crew to have got into that situation, I proposed that they had to have had some reference in which they had reason to trust and yet which misled them; I proposed equipment that referred to a PRC112 must have been on board – and subsequently had it confirmed that this had been the case (QED as it were).
The CPLS as a whole is intrinsically reliable in its practical use but the handset on the ground being half a mile or so further up the hill than the HLS where the crew thought it was explains everything that is known about this crash.
That the existence of such equipment that offered an explanation was not even mentioned in previous inquiries, further that on such a forum as this it has been a taboo subject for so long, says a lot about just how free to think, let alone speak out, we really are.

It's nothing to joke about flipster, they were your colleagues and it was your country.