PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The right path.. Stapleford? OAA?
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2011, 09:52
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 206 Likes on 73 Posts
Its just difficult to check your logbook if the Flying Instructor entries are all Senor Hernandez Espilido or Vlimiditz Kyachencko. How does a small airline recruiter call the school and speak to the CFI to check your training history? On which register is your alleged training aircraft listed? Its probably not a big issue BUT, there's always a but, if I had 57 CV's on my desk for the 2 positions coming up I might very well filter out any of them that had anything 'difficult' or 'unusual' about them.

Besides, I've tried to train French and Spanish students at CPL/IR level and despite their otherwise excellent English it was always a barrier to effective communication. Flying training is 80% effective communication and 20% practice.

Do a PPL first. See how you get on. Far too many people go from nothing or 1 hour in a logbook straight to signing up for a full CPL/IR course. You might be crap. You might hate it. It might be totally different to what you thought it was.

I'm sure there's an excellent school who can do you a good quality PPL course over the next 12 months at weekends and holidays..