PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun Season 2010-2011-2012
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2011, 07:37
alwaysflyinverted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great days of Delta Flying

I think one of my bitter disappointments in my life,would have been not to have flown in the Okavango Delta(Aer Kavango, Northern Air), being based in Maun. Spending New Year at Phil and Lionel Palmers and throwing flour around the old Duck Inn with Bernadette.
Guys, I was fortunate enough to fly for 4 years in the Delta back in 1989 and had an absolute blast. I sincerely feel that I would have missed out on some of the greatest flying of my Career, had I not gone. Reading this post, it has become obvious that alot more expat pilots are there now, more than the 4 of us in my days there, however if you are thinking of going, my suggestion would be to go!Even if the Okavango does not work out, you have Namibia, Lanseria, Zim, just over the fence, something will happen, but you have to be "Johnnie on the spot". Go get a job at a Safari camp and something will turn up. Just be patient and it will be worth it.
I am now flying the 744 and to this day, it has been the best flying I have done anywhere in the World.
If thinking about it??GO! Great people, great place, just keep it in your pants!You will never forget the experience.