PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Old Man Time
Thread: Old Man Time
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2002, 15:12
MJR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ravex

A commercial flying career is just like the lottery you have to be in it to win at it.

Too Old? well thats the billion dollar question.

There is no doubt regardless of Sept 11th or another Gulf war commercial aviation is set to grow considerably over the next 15 years.

Commercial aviation is a very much supply and demand business at the moment there are too many wannabes and not enough jobs. This wont change quickly but it will eventually.

Simplistically you only have to look at the growth of the world population and the increase in the standard of living. Nowadays people want two foreign holidays a year rather than one and so on.

You may never Fly a heavy for one of the majors but through persistance you will hopefully one day get a job flying something for someone.

There is a lot of misinformation on this forum amongst some extremely valid comment. It is down to you to read, absorb and make your own judgement of whether this is for you. There is no defintive answer to your question that is why you cant find one apart from things will get better!

My personal philosophy being no spring chicken myself is I would rather try and fail than not try at all.

ta ta

MJR