PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2011, 01:19
Bagoongathipon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@malirm
Relax there cowboy! If you study enough and train yourself hard enough by yourself, you could excel on those procedures and flying skills.

But based on my experience, those things are easy. Whats hard is the human factors side of flying. Such as:
1. How well you adapt to the standard you know against the overall situation. (Situational awareness)
2. How well you can communicate with different captains of different attitudes when they deviate from standards & parameters.
3. How well you can adapt when everything goes nonstandard.
4. How can you avoid mistakes and errors especially when you get tired (ie 6leg flights with block time of 7:50hrs)
5. How can you cope under pressure on very quick turn arounds
etc etc.

You wont learn this on the sim, trust me. So, just relax, enjoy your training and make most out of it because when you go into the airline, what you learned is just 10% of what aviation is all about.

This is what we dont see on gen av pilots / airforce pilots / tenured airline pilots. That eventhough some still get confused on the glass cockpits, jet handling, fms, etc, they know how to handle the situation quite well.

Ive been flying with newly type rated captains who came from different equipments.. while some dont know the procedure from "interception from above," or get confused on the usage of the FCU,MCDU,managed and selected, they just revert to manual flying to get back on track.

I guess thats the big difference.

Its really a humbling experience seeing these especially for us MPL whom we try to prove our worth in the airline industry.

Last edited by Bagoongathipon; 4th Feb 2011 at 01:32.