PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In-Flight reconfiguring Airframe Rotor Disc Control
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 21:27
davh12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep..........I wanted to start the tilt out a little at a time. Servo arm change outs will give it more range of motion. Another pilot mentioned the same about the speed for a single place with regard to this design. I've only had to deal with the slope terrain stuff when I went to Air Assualt school some years back. Just a few years ago, we had a Chinook pilot hot dogging his bird when I was stationed in Alaska. He was reminded of his slope/rotor blade association "does and don'ts" very vividly. He came in a bit fast and swung the aft portion of the bird around...with a slope in the direction that his aft was going. Yep...you quessed it....rear disc hit the slope. Bird came down and rolled over a few times. Everyone was ok...little roughed up. Kinetic energy and gravity...lol. This platform is the first "baby steps". I'm still tweaking the the small CF frame and a few more mechanical things to do yet. And I still want to scale it up to a gas power. But small steps and it's fun to problem solve.

Dave