PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maun Season 2010-2011-2012
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 21:06
Wildpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
soakingpilot wrote

"The reality to me, as I have the multi/single comm + instrument and 300hrs and generally well liked and have not gotten drunk at a bar and told a CP to go F himself, is that this is just a "big stick" contest and nobody is getting hired on their merits other than ass smooching ability."

Getting drunk at the bar is part of the culture as for telling CP's to get F@#$%@ not a good idea. I gave you some advise from someone who has been in your shoes but you told me the comments were retarded.

That is a crap attitude and that is I suspect why you have 300hrs and no job in Maun. As for getting a job on your own merits well at 300hrs you know nothing or as much as the next guy with 300hrs. And if you want a job on your own merits then lets hear what they are, all I can see is a very inexperienced pilot the same as everyone else. Better get used to it in this business mate or you will spend the rest of your life moaning on pprune whilst others overtake you.

So it comes down to would you fit in, do the guys get on with you and does anyone know this guy and is he good to have around. And that is why attitude and contacts are the key. You make contacts on your own merits.

So before you get all frustrated and go typing some load of rubbish in reply which I don't care about. Its not hard to work out who was the American guy in town, infact I'm going to ask some of my mates who are established pilots in Maun what you are like and if you are as well liked as you say. I will let you know

Ragdragger they just don't get it, anyway how is my CV going in your capable hands.

Cheers mate

last post from me on the subject

Last edited by Wildpilot; 4th Feb 2011 at 05:13.