PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security
Thread: Security
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 19:26
Sark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know the jobs worth who was on duty at Southampton Airport at around 6.30 last night? If you do tell him what a **** my family think he is.

Not only is the security at the Airport some of the strictest anywhere that I have travelled and I do travel a lot. They also seem to employ staff who know how to rub their passengers up the wrong way by their amazingly rude attitude. It is not only the one guy but the majority, not all, of the staff.

Let us be fair you do not have to have many brain cells to perform the task but there is no need to take their inadequacies out on the travelling public.

This guy shouted at me three times, each time louder and more threateningly "Empty your pockets" when he could see that I was just about to do that after his first request. Most airports accept change in pocket which I asked him about removing. The thing that got me pretty cross was that there was not a please in amongst his demands. It was only when I looked at him and said "please" did he utter the word reluctantly. I was hopeful that he was remorseful but no. His next request was just one word. "Watch!" I duly removed it as, of course, in all things these half wits have the ultimate authority and ability to thoroughly disrupt your life. It used to be fun to fly but no longer especially through Southampton Airport. Rant over until the next time I use the Airport.

All I wanted was the word please!