PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Computers in the cockpit and the safety of aviation
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 19:13
PBL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MB
It's amazing what a little bit of knowledge and a whole lot of arrogance can produce.
MB, I find it a shame that many PPRuNe contributions are vastly more eloquent with insults than they are with technical material.

I think we may live in different worlds. I correspond on a regular basis with the people who actually did the work to which I was referring, and there is (as there usually is in these circles) mutual respect for each other's capabilities and interests. No one would ever say or write something like the above.

Which doesn't mean to say no one is arrogant. Just that personality characteristics is an uninteresting topic of conversation. We are much more interested in Bayesian methods and CCFDs.

However, accusing someone of not knowing (thoroughly) what they are talking about is a serious one in our circles, and usually requires proof.

Which is how I know you don't live there: the fact that you don't feel the need to establish, with proof, your suggestion that I may have contradicted myself is a firm indication. Let me suggest that my world is far preferable to live in than one in which discussion differences are resolved through throwing insults.

But I am still curious, of course. Where exactly is that contradiction that you think I offered?

I doubt you'll answer. But if you were living in my world, that would get you thrown out.

PBL

Last edited by PBL; 3rd Feb 2011 at 19:50. Reason: Maybe a little more background is needed