PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Considering my future - please advise
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 18:37
laakdown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. I have in fact already decided that i will not be training in the US, this is because i did my PPL there and want to get used to UK airspace, UK RT, and dont want to have to convert once i come back.
I also think its better to have a local airfield i can visit and fly to regularly to keep current and meet people in the industry.

TBH my main reason for this thread was that i wanted a bit of encouragement that with hard work, staying current, perservervacne and a bit of luck along the way it is likely i will make it to the LHS of a jet or a bizjet job.

I wasnt advocating OAA, i completly agree it is paying more just for the name, i was just wondering if people thought in the current climate if i gives you say a 25% better chance of a job maybe it worth the extra 12 grand? In all honesty, i would much prefer to spend that much building hours, learning more about aviation and some sim time before i went for an interview, but if thats the way into the industry i can afford to bite the bullet