PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 10:28
BlackandBrown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Permafrost if it is any consolation I have heard nigh on an identical thing happen to someone else at the BA sim stage.

all LPC/OPCs rated above average or very good.
I could have printed and shown the same but they aren't interested in you, they are interested in whether you are the right 'peg' for their 'hole'. I'd have thought the sim is more an assessment of your fit within their laminated text book dream team than of your flying - especially for those that were borderline previously. It is a tool for them to find out - hence the reason they do it on a type that 99.99999999999999% haven't flown before.

The fact that BA do not give feedback is absolutely appauling. The fact that they ask for feedback is laughable.

Put it behind you, apply again if you feel it is still the right company and again I will re-iterate - it is no assessment of your suitability to be an airline pilot, how well you fly or how much fun you are on a day out. It is a case of can you guess what is on their laminated sheet and be like it, did you manage to sleep well the night before, are you firing on all cylinders on the day, are you fortunate enough to be interviewed by someone you gel with, are you Politically correct for BA and were you born to be BA.

Never give up but by all means decide to stop based on the facts......