PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 09:43
malirm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thunderbolt49 & chairwrecker

Well, where to start...lets start from the Offer/Trial point:

Lets say the MPL was in a position where its carrier must peg airlines & ask them for a trial...but after doing it right this time...since The MPL Academy has a Partner Airline (As 99% of us have right NOW [This is one of the CHANGES that happened]) I wouldn't really Piss or Turn Off some guys...I will just go & fly sorry...I take it back

Things that Changed:

Alots of changes on the Core flying phase, more instrument & Solo Cross-Country flights + other teaching techniques...CBT, Sims Sessions...we treat the Cessna like an A320...we have SOPs, Flows...etc. !

MCC, more realistic/serious stuff occuring...more focussing on how to fly a Jet & its instruments...you know what I mean...even if you had 1000 hours on Gen Av aircrafts...you go to a glass cockpit & you'll say WTF for FMS/PFD/ND?AP/FD & so on...in addition to the Manual Handling of the Jet...I've seen some CPL Gen Av pilots doing the Jet flying...they're at entry level still (No offense)...all of us would start like that = most of us will reach a certain Equal level at MCC/Jet transition...

Then 110 hours on the A320 Sim + 12 or TOs & Landings! + Line Training

Where else you want me to point changes...if you want to turn off the MPL, please make sure to turn off the Air Force guys, who had been trained the same way as MPL guys are training right now...MPL is the CIVIL version of the Airforce training (including MCC)...would I be ready on my 245th hour for the A320 Ops...I'd say YES...Its not only me in the Cockpit, its a Multi-Crew environment...would I be ready for a Pilot incapacitation situation...why not...I've done in the MCC & will do it several times on the A320 sim soon

Last edited by malirm; 3rd Feb 2011 at 09:54.