PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2011, 08:45
SadPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ARRAKIS, RockShock, RetiredF4

The whole point is, the crew was NOT allowed to make their own decisions and thus command the plane within their own skill and safety limits. How was anybody from outside the plane supposed to prevent that???

You are still saying there is no proof of it? Let's look at the transcript.

10:03:12 to 10:04:04 – The crew discusses the issue how general Blasik works so hard to get that extra star and assignment in NATO. How does he "work hard" during trip to Smolensk?

Then, on the same breath one of the crew says:

10:04:11 It will be a… massacre. We won't be able to see anything.

An elegant proof, would you say, of following:
1. That the crew knew about fog before leaving
2. That the crew saw it as a suicide mission
3. That it was not their own idea
4. They did not like their predicament

But, please feel free to tell me what else that conversation means. Take your time. Come up with absolutely best spin possible.

Afterwards, after contact with Minsk,
10:11:01 Well, I can see earth… Can see something… Maybe it won't be a tragedy.

What exact proof would you accept short of HD video of someone holding a gun to the pilot's head????

RetiredF4:
And another point: The military is no "kindergarden". It is organized not like civil aviation, and it never will be. If the sh+t hits the fan, commanders have to send their people in harms way wether they like it or not. And any soldier knows about that from the beginning. That´s the way how the military command structure works and it is the same all over the world and definitely not much different in the countries on the north half of the globe. Soldiers are trained to cope with those issues. But that does not make them suicidal pilots on command in peacetime.
While indeed ordering soldiers into harm's way in wartime is indeed part of war, last time I checked we were not in war with Russia, and they were not delivering some critical bomb-load through fog to avoid anti-aircraft fire, so I really don't know how that applies here.

While general Blasik or "main passenger" could be seen as within their rights to risk their own life ordering pilots to do such crazy crap, they would be committing a crime volunteering some 90 unsuspecting people to go along with them on that mission and the crew committed a crime by following such orders – IF this is what happened – and I think this turn of events is probable enough, supported enough by clues and evidence, to be investigated FULLY.