PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows Synchro Board of Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2011, 22:15
NigelOnDraft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dont get me wrong as far as i can recall this is the first a/c they have lost in a major accident or collision since 1 hit a mast in brighton i may be proved wrong .
Am afraid you are very wrong 1987-8 in particular.

which is abit worrying what is strange that they dont pratice escape mons in the simulator
Well, when I went thru' the RAF system the Hawk sims did not have visuals, so it would be quite difficult. My reading of the report is that even with more modern sims, it might still be difficult to get much value out of it.

To me it reads like the reds are getting rather complacment in there [sic] routines
I don't read anything like that... typical swiss cheese with a few holes lining up that in an ideal world might have been trapped, but in reality, it takes the odd (unprecedented) incident/accident to learn the lesson. The trick is to ensure the lesson is learnt long term and not repeated.

Well it reads to me that the reds seem not to be as squeaky clean as we all think they are
Ummmm, maybe if you thought they hadn't lost a jet since Brighton you might think that way. I'm not suggesting anything unprofessional at all - just that their type of flying is even less forgiving than most FJ Ops - and these things will happen

NoD