PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CYCLONE "YASI".....Nth QLD
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2011, 19:47
nitpicker330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can anyone post the Metars for YBCS TBTL for the period the Cyclone went through. All the Metars I saw up to 0100 DST weren't that bad.

Some of the reporting on this Cyclone from CH 9 CH 7 and Sky News has been absolute media hype bs. Some of the crap that has been said is amazing and just shows how dumb most reporters are. Just sitting at home watching the BOM CNS 250 km Radar feed last night I could see clearly the eye moving over Dunk Island but the media were saying something else. I rang Sky and suggested they show the BOM Radar feed but was brushed off rudely!!

Late last night The reporters in CNS and Hamilton island hotels were crapping on about the gale force cyclonic wind and it's eery noises!! I was checking the CNS Metars every 30 mins and saw nothing much above 30 kts. TSV had constant 40 to 50 kt winds but that was about the worst I saw all night. For gods sake Mel has stronger winds on a bad northerly day than CNS/HMI had at the time they reported.
I'm sure that the winds were bad and damage was caused in the Mission beach area however.

After all the crap they write on Aviation incidents I shouldn't be surprised.

Last edited by nitpicker330; 2nd Feb 2011 at 20:03.