PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger Carrying - Beyond 90 days
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2011, 19:23
G-BHZO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem I have come up against in the past with the 90 day rule (day time), is that I tend to fly only 2 'sectors' every trip. As my trips are generally timed to stay within my club's insurance rule of flying every 60 days, it is possible to end up with only 2 take offs / landings within the last 90 days.

As I have a decent list of willing victims, I usually take people along for the trip (I will confess to being one of the bacon sarnie / Sunday lunch brigade), and therefore need to maintain 3 take-offs / landings to keep this legal. To avoid having a shortfall in the number of in-date take offs / landings, I now make a point of doing a touch-and-go on my return to my home airport.

Of course, I brief my pax on it before we depart for home, and wouldn't do it if the weather was dodgy or the passengers were nervous. It does give one increased opportunities to throw in an arrival rather than a landing, and last week resulted in a few orbits to make room for some bigger, faster and (most importantly) higher-revenue generating traffic, but otherwise so far, so good!