PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The official Avalon Airshow Thread
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2011, 04:33
HarleyD

Location: Aus, or USA, or UK or EU, or possibly somehwere in Asia.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as I am concerned anyone can wear what ever they want, badges, gold wings, flight suits or corporate uniform. "Smart casual' means absolutely nothing in regard to flight experience, ability or ambition.

Ricardo will be wearing his blue suit with all his badges, as will the Roullettes, what difference does the clothing mean, nothing really, so you do not need to mount the high horse and take umbrage to what you deem the 'correct ' dress for a REAL pilot.

There will be REAL pilots in all forms of dress (maybe even dresses?), as well as absolute wannabees in jackets covered with badges from every show they have been to and RFC wings sewn on for good luck, who have never been closer to flying than zooming their Airfix models around the kitchen table, so what?

Avalon will once again bring together the entire gamut af the aviation fraternity and sorority for a week of intense aerial and corporate maneuvering in the skies and in the chalets, where some say the REAL pilots hang out.

Enjoy it and resist the feeling of rage and resentment when you see some hopped up sprog with his accoutrements of trade proudly on display to the world, ray bans, gold wings, white shirt and dusty black shoes, and a heart full of hope for the future. don't worry nitpicker, there will always be some sour old billy to knock it out of him later, when he gets a REAL job as a REAL pilot.

Chill man, maybe you need that Hawaiin shirt after all.

See ya there, I 'll keep an eye out for the casual shorts and knee length socks.

HD

Now, will I wear my 5 stripe eppaulettes or my six stripe eppaulettes, hmm maybe with the Astronaut wings I got on ebay....oops better not, i have bumped into several REAL Astronauts at Avalon over the years, and they know that I am NOT one.....Test Pilot badge perhaps??!?..that one is easier...