PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Lack of Military Leadership
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2011, 03:50
onemore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick in two previous threads I have explained to you why the sea sprite farce kicked off and both times you have ignored me.

Once agin your ignorance of the Defence capability management process is demonstrated. *Read your post above - you mention DMO - it is a Defence branch managed by Defence civilians . Serving members are in it yes but not in positions that you think. *In simple terms here is an explanation

Service identifies a need - lets say boats for the amphibs
They research and seek industry feedback
It goes to cabinet for first pass approval
If approved it then becomes a real project an DMO takes over.
The services loose all control basically from then until acceptance into service*

Guess what - the services don't just accept the DMO product - guess what sea sprite is a classic example of that. *It wouldn't pass acceptance.......

Instead of slagging off at Defence service people go away and do some research into the Defence procurement system - here's a tip go to the DMO Website and dowload the handbook.

While you on on google try searching for current ADF operations and see just how good those people and some of the gear they use is going. *

Defence is a much larger organization then a bunch of electronic stores or a magazine. In those organizations you had complete control and were responsible to yourself. *In some ways your time in the aviation industry should have taught you that LARGE. Government organizations are always restricted in what they can do and suffer many outside influences.

When you finished googling above go and search pprune and check out what this forum is about - I bet it doesn't say it's a place to slag of on Defence people.