PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B, Stuff that I have found.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2011, 01:53
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Show me where it is printed the US Government will turn off the entire network Binghi....and I will believe you....All I have seen is assesment of risk...vanishingly small, maybe?

The Japs have MTSAT to enhance their GNSS signal from the network...not replace it...it is an interoperable WAAS satellite...They want Australia to play as well. that would mean Australian government expenditure and with such a broad user base...it is impossible to make one user group pay for the entire network...otherwise we would have the same precision approaches as the yanks to any aerodrome you want to write a procedure for...even somewhere like Benalla or Lockhart River.

The Russians with GLONASS, The europeans with Galilao, The Chinese with Beidou are yet to launch any workable network. The Indians and the Japanese have launched geosynchronous WAAS satellites...enhancing the GNSS, not replace it.

You cannot fear what your own government does to you, Binghi...if you do not like what they do...lobby and, ultimately, vote for a change...we are a democracy, after all.

As for civvie UAV...because they do not have an eyeball in a cockpit they do need an active means of seeing aircraft around them...Sorry, but I still haven't seen a TCAS that small to fit in such a small airframe...ADS-B enables the technology...you see the hinderance I see the possibilities of UAV to go where it is too risky to send a human or too long or too mundane...and...they still have to pay for the enabling equipment the same as an aeroplane owner so they do not get something for free.

Half full or half empty...your choice Binghi.