PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2011, 00:59
ib26uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This isnt meant to upset or offend any members - I like bmi - have flown them several times between Manchester and Heathrow - Nice little airline

I understand people work there and are proud of their jobs

What were bmi (under their various different names) like in "their day"

What domestic routes did they serve...

What euro routes did they fly from Heathrow...

Were they as big as British Airways...

I`m aware of the Manchester A330 routes and the BMed acquistion and the recently acquistion off BD by Lufthansa

To me they seem like they dont know what they are doing from one day to the next...

I`ve copied this from another airline website... I think it sums up BD in a paragraph...

"Bergen will be daily, except days ending in a "y", via Newcastle on a Monday, Manchester on a Friday, and non-stop on all other days except if it's an afternoon departure. Operated by an A320 weekdays, and by Emb-145 on Saturdays. Full meal service on a Tuesday, refreshments only rest of the week, except on days operated by regional or on Sunday morning when there will be the once famous bacon roll. Tiny fares some days, mileage accrual only on full fares but not on aircraft with the old livery...... All subject to change at short notice.. "

Once again bmi is a great airline - I really hope Lufthansa turn you around and make you a great airline once again !!!!