PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The BA Scope Clause.
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2002, 07:46
Humongous Henry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Wow, the ability of BA pilots to shoot themselves in the feet should never be underestimated.
Let me get this right, now you are comparing yourselves to the most over-rated, over-paid, precious, petulant people in their particular 'industry'. People who, when it comes down to it, ultimately cannot deliver the goods for which they are paid, and who their manager himself admits are suffering from underperformance brought on by over-remuneration. This over -remuneration is also the prime cause of most of their industry heading for severe financial problems this very year, (although one must, again with an eerie clarity, admit this is down to a foolish management decision!).

I DO fancy your wife though, best legs in the business!

Seriously chaps, we shouldn't fall out. I sympathise most enormously with anyone who has to move because of yet another management 'bright idea'. But even here, we know what the removals package is with mainline. Our blokes in Abz, Bhs, Sou, Brs, Cdf etc are not getting anything like that from THEIR enforced moves, so you can understand why some of us don't actually feel the playing field is level. Coupled with that, we have one of your chaps from management by the initials TDLF who is trying to screw our Ts and Cs even further down, while telling us he is doing us a favour and IMPROVING things. Some of us have worked for the real giant bas###ds of the Industry, but we've never come across this sort of thing before. From our perspective then, we are being hammered both by BA management and BACC. Kind of makes a chap paranoid. And for the record, someone earlier referred to YOUR management, and OUR management. De facto as well as De Iure, your management (unfortunately) IS our management. It makes me sick to think management are better than pilots at anything, but at least they have a kind of loyalty to each other.

The way to avoid being stitched up is to try and act in concert. We KNOW this is not what BACC is trying to do, because they are telling our CC one thing, but discussing a quite different agenda with Mainline.

And for Mr Solo, I think my colleague was referring to the well known agenda to allow mainline retirees to join BACEX as Captains at age 55 should they wish to. So you see, we are getting it at both ends at once. Cadets in the bottom, and mainline skippers in the top. BACC have another agenda alright, and it is no-one's interest but their own.