PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2011, 17:31
SadPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Golf-Sierra

But I guess for some people getting into the camera spotlights and earning a few extra ZŁ is all that counts. One of the few points where I have to agree with J Kaczynski - something should be done about these so called 'experts'.
Except for a tiny little problem that this guy is far more qualified to express opinions on what went wrong than any member of that so called "commission", because:

1. He was the commander of the 36th Special Air Regiment for many years, longer than anybody else.
2. He used to train everybody there before things went… "south?"
3. He flew the Tu-154 with VIPs longer than anybody else in Poland
4. He knows all the Russian procedures better than anybody else flying VIPs.

It won't hurt you to read this thing. Among other things, he states he never even allowed anybody (main passenger included) to decide where to land. He had a flight plan with alternates, and if necessary he would decide to go to alternate of his choosing, upon which he would tell the stewardess to inform the "main passenger".

I don’t think he would raise the issue if it wasn't for the latest Kaczynski "President not cargo, can decide where to land" revelations. The core of the issue is IDIOTS getting rid of competent people and micro-managing and meddling with things they have no clue about. I see it every day in Poland.

Anyway, you are saying that like Kaczynski you want people arrested any time they simply disagree with some official line???? That's the idea?

Meanwhile, there is a little struggle at the "Polish commission" which wants to kick out Edmund Klich for not being… assertive enough with the Russians. Meaning, they actually are trying to keep all their BS alive – and this is what forces the people in the know to finally start talking. They don't want us to be any more embarrassed.

Anyway, I am ecstatic you finally agree with me on the ATC issue.