PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2011, 13:22
rethymnon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BASSA's accounts

surely, even the smallest, local group that has funds would expect to publish rudimentary accounts that members can question? i would be reluctant to belong to one that did not but then, i'd be there to question what is spent in my name first of all.

are there not members of BASSA able and willing to make a written request for the accounts to be either, published or provided to them personally?

if that doesn't work, is it beyond them to write to Unite, requesting that they require BASSA to provide this information.

Failing response to those requests, reference to the TU oversight body might be productive.

a bit of pro bonno legal work might be necessary if nothing comes of those approaches. It must be possible to require disclosure in law if you have a legitimate interest.

i take it no one is suggesting more heinous than a failure to publish (audited) accounts?

on a different tack, the suggestion that PCCC members shouldn't put themselves forward if they are afraid of attack, doesn't merit consideration: no one should be attacked for holding different views however much we may disagree with the views held.

certainly, there will be a time, not too far distant, when PCCC will need to declare their hand, personally and financially, but they are entitled to a breathing space to 'put the package together'.