PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vortex Ring / Settling with power (Merged)
Old 1st Feb 2011, 12:43
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah yes the disc always the disc, use it to save yourself, if you have climbed up not too high to have a look around leave it pointing at the ground, for airpseeed potential, it doesn't matter which way the A/C is pointing, same as a VOR just follow the disc if things become silent.

A corollary to your excercise Nick in disc awareness was one i enjoyed in the '47J. Simply just lock the cyclic and fly around for quite a while with just the smallest movements of throttle and pedals and sometimes collective, land it it like that also. I think the further forward seating position gave one the better feel for the torque, power on, power off. Surely that's stuff which you must have done in those slippery things we saw on the video. geat stuff thanks for showing it.

Flying like that gets to be a drug, on a beautiful crystal clear cool morning that you could cut with a knife, sky of azure blue, golden grass waving in the light breeze, fat cattle waddling along in front, big cattleman sitting just behind me on the side under his ten gallon hat, with a slight smile of pride on his face as he watches his men and horses trotting along around the cattle, bit like being addicted to this here turnout sometimes.

I'd have thought you'd be on hols on some sunny beach, it's about twelve months isn't it since you disappeared? Good to see you anyrate.
tet