PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots may fly solo over safety checks
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2002, 05:36
gravy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
more gravy?

I couldn't agree more, AN LAME and Mr Seldomfixit...the pre-flight inspection is all yours, dudes. It only breeds resentment when I have to point out burnt-out landing lights or missing static wicks, anyway.

The envy is obvious when they enter the cockpit, dripping wet and cold, to see me sitting on my fat @rse, eating my pre-departure snacks. My hands are heavily un-calloused and have never seen a hard days work, well, not apart from... er um, you know...

We: do less work, get more pay and bang more quim than our greasier, un-washed brethren at the other end of the service interphone so WHY SHOULD THEY SHARE THEIR WALK-AROUND WITH US???

Some of the mechanics like to do the ruff 'n' tuff routine, like they own the cockpit and are just lending it to us for a while. I usually get out of the way, and go laugh about it in the galley with the chicks.

Walk-arounds? Mine is comprised of standing at the end of the stairs and counting how many engines and engineers I can see while I have a smoke and send some SMSs off to the ladies I plan to visit on my overnight.

I'm too lazy to work up a typical pilot's ego, but if I weren't, it would be matched only by the engineer's "attitude".

PS Is a CAIR Report like an ATM Machine? Or a PIN Number Number??