PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions IV
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2011, 11:24
Diplome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is it that it seems to be accepted by most the Bassa should declare all in a transparent way, but the PCCC should not?

Either they both should, or both should not.
Litebulbs:

I certainly don't expect anything more from BASSA than to file the financial disclosure documents required by law..no more no less, and as a non-member I certainly don't feel entitled to know what they do with every pound that comes their way. The same can be said of the PCCC.

This demand by some for "transparency" over such a small expenditure by the PCCC is nothing more than an attempt to infer that somehow their money is soiled by BA.

I do agree that it is time for the PCCC to come out of the shadows and put a face on the organization and am hopeful that that happens soon. While I understand, given the history of some members of BASSA, that they might be hesitant, I don't see how they can continue to claim leadership from behind a curtain. It may also help them defend against the charges of being simply BA minions as they would be seen as actual Cabin Crew seeking alternatives to BASSA.

..and Joao..try not to take the board so seriously. Its simply a group of individuals interested in a particular situation. Rudeness directed at me personally does nothing for your argument.

Last edited by Diplome; 1st Feb 2011 at 12:19. Reason: memory failure of name...my apologies